The Ford Transit Mk8 and Ford Transit Custom locks are well documented as being extremely vulnerable to attack. Both vehicle drivers door locks are prone to being picked or damaged leaving the cylinder easy to turn (“grip and spin attack”) which unlocks the mechanism to allow quick and easy access to the cab and load area of the vehicle.
Parkers Guide statistics show that Humberside and Yorkshire are the 3rd highest in the country for van thefts with daily van thefts in 2019 at 145, 215 in 2022 and 368 predicted by 2030.
Unsurprisingly, tools are the most commonly stolen items from van break-ins. Nearly 67% of break-ins include having tools stolen and research shows that only 1% are ever recovered. This leaves a devastating impact on trades people and their ability to do their job.
The average value of tools stored in a van is £2500. In Humberside and Yorkshire theft from vans rate 5th highest nationally, in 2021/22 38% of van drivers suffered from tool or equipment theft.
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans rate in position 1 and 2 as the van most likely to be stolen in the UK, the rest of the top 10 is made up by various Ford Transit and Ford Custom vans.
CB Auto Locksmiths can fit you a Replock, this is a replacement lock for the vulnerable factory fitted drivers door lock and will enhance the security of your Ford van.
CB Auto Locksmiths can fit one of the three below locks dependant on your personal preference or we can advise accordingly.
- Direct replacement of the OE (Original Equipment) lock
- Anti drill and anti pick
- Stops the “grip and spin” method of attack
- Specifically designed for the Ford Transit Custom and Ford Transit Mk8
- Theft deterrent
- Can be keyed alike to other Vanguard locks on the vehicle
- Made from stainless steel
- Anti drill, anti pick and anti snap
- Visual deterrent
- No drilling of vehicle required
- Low maintenance
L4V (Locks 4 Vans)
- Anti lock, anti drill and anti spin
- Can be keyed alike for L4V deadlock and hook lock
- Surround plate available to cover attack damage for Transit 14+ and Transit Custom 12+
All of the above locks are a direct replacement for the OE key cylinder and thus retains the vehicles central / double locking functions.
Here at CB Auto Locksmiths we can also discuss further van security, such as hook locks, dead locks, anti peel brackets, external anti drill shield and internal shields.
PROTECT YOUR VAN – DO NOT BECOME A STATISTIC